Laser hair removal is one of the most popular and effective procedures for removing body hair. However, while it may be painless to some because of varying pain thresholds, it can be very painful to some others. This in itself puts some people off undergoing the procedure.
Benefits of Getting Laser Hair Removal
Getting a laser hair removal procedure is more than just plucking undesirable hair with laser hair out. It is a medical treatment that necessitates training and bears some dangers. It is important to extensively check the credibility of the technician before proceeding.
This procedure can be used to remove unwanted hair from the face, body, as well as other sensitive areas. Hence, it has the following benefits:
- It is a precise hair removal method, as it can target dark, coarse hairs while causing no damage to the surrounding skin.
- After an average of five treatment sessions, most people get to experience reduced speed in hair growth, in those areas where the unwanted hair grows.
- It is a fast and very effective procedure, in the sense that each laser pulse takes a microsecond. In less than a minute, unwanted hair in small areas of the body can be taken off, while larger areas can take almost an hour.
Numbing Cream for Laser Hair Removal
You may be worried that your laser hair removal procedure is compromised by your use of numbing cream prior. However, that is never the case, as it will only be effective for numbing.
Numbing creams for this purpose are the most popular solution to avoiding the pain that naturally comes with this procedure. Prior to getting it done, they can be used to numb the area and typically bring fast results. This should be some minutes to an hour before the session.
Being that not all laser clinics offer numbing creams, it is important to make this enquiry before your treatment session. As a result, you may need to go in with yours. It is however important that you read and follow the instructions carefully and ask your technician for assistance as well.
Our signature numbing cream for laser hair removal works by blocking off pain signals in the area it has been applied, which makes the procedure more pleasant. The numbing effect may be up to 3 hours or even longer depending on the individual. Consequently, it offers a well effective discomfort relief. To get the maximum effect, it is important to stay away from alcohol within 24 hours of your hair removal procedure. A patch test is also necessary for first-time users, as you do want to incur complications if your skin is sensitive.
Steps to Apply?
- Wash and exfoliate the area to be lasered quite thoroughly with soap, water and exfoliator. This is to remove dirt and dead skin and to help the cream penetrate properly.
- Dry area completely, leaving no trace of water.
- Apply a thick amount of numbing cream (2mm thick) to the area and rub it thoroughly.
- Cover with cling film and leave for 90 minutes before the procedure. The heat under the plastic wrap helps activate the cream and keeps the cream from drying out.
- After 90 minutes, remove the cling film and wipe the cream away with a paper towel and you are ready for your pain-free laser hair removal session.
We have got you covered if you are worried about the discomfort during your next laser removal appointment. Thanks to our renowned tattoo numbing cream, you may rest during your next session knowing that the pain would be minimised. Do not hesitate to shop our range of numbing products today!