If you’re thinking about getting lip fillers, the chances are that you’ve come across the blogs that warn you about the lumps that may appear after getting lip fillers. Don’t worry! These are a completely normal part of the process and these will slowly start to disappear as time goes by.
So whether you’re thinking about getting lip fillers, or you already have them and just want to know a little more information, you’re in the right place. In this blog, we will discuss everything you need to know.
Are you about to get lip fillers? Why not try numbing cream for lip fillers for a painless experience?
Why do you get lip filler lumps?
There are a couple of reasons why you might experience lumps after lip fillers. Below you can find out why:
- Bruising from the needle - During the procedure, you will get prodded by needles all over your lips which is bound to cause some bruising. This may be slightly irritating, however, this will usually disappear within a week or two.
- A reaction to the filler - If you notice that the lumps are particularly hard and tender, it could be a side that you’re having an allergic reaction to the filler. Although this may seem alarming, this can usually be solved by taking certain medications.
How can you tell if you have lumps?
Don’t let the blogs alarm you, if you’re unsure whether you have lumps on your lips, take on board our advice below:
- Inspect your lips in a mirror, see if any lumps are visible.
- Feel around your lips to feel for any abnormalities.
- Ask a trusted friend or family member to have a look to see if they notice any lumps.
What can I do to reduce the swelling?
If you notice anything abnormal, you can try the following techniques to reduce the swelling.
- Press a warm cloth on your lips for a couple of minutes.
- Massage your lips gently in a circular motion.
- If you think you’re experiencing inflammation or they are painful, take some ibuprofen.
- If your lips aren’t getting any better, speak to your doctor.
Making efforts to prevent lumpy lips
Before you go to your appointment, there are a couple of methods you can try to avoid inflammation or bruising.
Make sure that you stick to the advice that your practitioner gives you. If they are hesitant to give you the extra 1ml, don’t get it. Overfilling your lips can lead to lumpiness and unevenness - just don’t do it.
One thing you can do to reduce or even completely prevent the side effects of lip fillers is to apply a cold compress. This helps to reduce the swelling that in turn eliminates the likelihood of obtaining lumpy lips.
Another option is to apply numbing cream for lip fillers. As mentioned previously, the reason why lip filler lumps occur is because of swelling or bruising, which numbing cream helps eliminate.
Those who have a comfortable and painless experience are more likely to avoid any side effects and therefore return for maintenance treatments. It also makes it easier for the professional to complete a seamless procedure as results will be better if the patient is calm and less likely to move and affect the results.
The best numbing cream for lip fillers
Now that you understand the various aspects of lip filler lumps and numbing before getting lip fillers, let’s discuss the best numbing cream for lip fillers.
Tattoo Numbing Cream has formulated the perfect solution for tattoo collectors to get the art that they deserve with no pain. Not only does our cream work on those getting tattoos, but is useful for a plethora of different areas, such as lip fillers, injections, vaccinations, waxing, piercings and more!
Interested in our numbing cream for lip fillers? Feel free to purchase it or get in touch with us today for more information.